News, Updates, & Resources
Inspiration, Education, Valuation
Jon S. Richards
Take a mental audit of all your credit card purchases from the last two years, add up how many times you wanted to talk to a salesperson. My number is zero! However in two cases I had to.
I had new windows installed for my house and I bought a car. In both cases I did not want to talk to a salesperson but rather I had to because that’s the way their sales process is set up. Let me tell you both experiences were bad. In both cases I paid a little more than I wanted just to get it over with. Sure, they got the sale but neither will get my business again when I need either in the future.
In the case of the car purchase, companies like CarMax or Shift will get my business because they understand the modern buyer. If I’m willing to pay a little more for the convenience of avoiding the haggle, why would I want to buy any other way?
Think about that. If your sales process requires your customers to go through a sales person because that’s the way it’s always been done, then you haven’t really adapted to the modern buyer. Chances are if you are reading this, you’re nodding your head because you, too, are a modern buyer!
Are you a modern buyer? You are shopping experience goes something like this:
- Inspiration for a product is created by a pain you want to move away from or a pleasure you want to move towards…or let’s face it, a video that popped up on your social feed.
- Education about the product on company websites, YouTube or reviews on shopping platforms.
- Valuation – or price comparisons – are done on Amazon and Google.
Companies that understand the modern buyer don’t keep information a secret. They make it easy for customers to find common questions and flagship subject matter experts or transform their sales team as trusted advisors to deliver non biased, fact-based video content. The best content is unbiased, and genuinely authentic and relatable. Because that’s the way the modern buyer wants it.
Don’t believe me? Here are three stats from Spotio to confirm that theory:
- 58% of buyers report that sales reps aren’t able to adequately answer their questions.
- 47% of buyers view up to five pieces of content about a product before talking to a sales rep.
- 57% of the selling process is completed for consumers before a company can even engage with the customer.
Why risk losing a lead when the potential to educate a customer is just a few clicks away?
Use video to Inspire, educate and deliver the right valuation by making the process seamless. Your customers will thank you.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Evolve Video Marketing
Santa Rosa, CA 95405